It’s no secret at this point how much I adore all things coffee. So, as I mentioned to Bob and Sheila this morning on WKRC Local 12, I wanted an extra jolt this holiday season. This coffee cream pie is sure to keep you awake well past midnight on New Year’s Eve. Plus, this creamy goodness actually tastes like a frozen mocha latte! Delicious!
Check out segment below:
This is a recipe I found on Pinterest from The Domestic Rebel, linked here. I did adapt it a bit after a few trial runs just to give it more of that true coffee flavor.
- 1 box instant vanilla pudding mix (could do sugar free as well)
- 1 cup cold brew coffee (I made my own using Carabello Coffee)
- 1 Tbsp sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup milk
- 1 Tbsp pure coffee extract
- 1 (8 oz) tub Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 prepared Oreo cookie crust
- Whipped cream, for garnish
- Dark chocolate-covered espresso beans, for garnish (my faves come from Trader Joes)
- Optional: add in a bit of Kahlua (I used peppermint Kahlua once) or Bailey’s in the mix.
- Optional: add some crushed oreo on top or add a drizzle of chocolate syrup on top.
- Either make your own cold brew, or feel free to buy cold brew already made.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the instant pudding dry mix, cold brew, sweetened condensed milk, milk, and coffee extract. Whisk until combined and slightly thickened. Fold in the Cool Whip completely.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pie crust and smooth out the top. Freeze for at least 6 hours, or overnight.
- Just before serving, decorate with whipped cream and garnish with dark chocolate-covered espresso beans. Cut and serve!
- If you do not eat it all at once, put it back in the freezer.
If you have any favorite dishes using coffee, please share! I can never get too much! Have a safe and blessed New Year!
GO THERE (WKRC Cincinnati, Carabello Coffee)! TRY THAT (Coffee Pie, Cold Brew)!