I’ve been trying to eat healthier. Incorporate more veggies. Get in more fish and shrimp. Cook more at home- at least during the week. But I want easy, convenient, and tasty! Thanks to Trader Joe’s, one of my favorite make at home meals is just that.
My husband and I shop at Trader Joe’s in Kenwood almost every Sunday. We found these fresh stir fry veggies, already chopped up, in the produce section. Score. We decided to pair these veggies, which include baby corn, peppers, broccoli, and snow peas, with shrimp, but chicken or pork would be delicious too.
Here are the steps to make this simple stir fry:
- Heat oil and garlic in a pan.
- Add shrimp and cook for about two minutes. We buy the frozen medium shrimp- peeled and deveined.
- Add the veggies to the pan and cook about three minutes.
- Add your favorite sauce. We like Goyza sauce (typically for dumplings, I think, but it’s so good). Stir.
- Serve on a bed of vegetable fried rice. We buy the frozen rice at Trader Joe’s. All you have to do is open the bag and heat in a skillet. OR, make it healthier and use cauliflower rice.
We like snacking on edamame while cooking. It’s like having an Asian restaurant in our home. Finish the meal wth some fortune cookies and you have the entire authentic experience. Oooh, have chopsticks!?
Catch the live segment from Fox 19 here!
GO THERE (Trader Joe’s)! TRY THAT (shrimp stir fry)!