Well, Channel 12 let me come back! Whew! What an experience! Trust me, I feel super blessed. Several people have mentioned that I don’t appear nervous. Umm, yep, I am. That’s why I take lots of goofy selfies while I am waiting to go on air! Thankfully, everyone at Channel 12 is incredibly friendly and welcoming! (Thanks Dave for finding a cup of coffee for me!)
Below you will find Keystone’s Chicken Chili recipe; I did make a few adjustments, which I mention in italics.
Keystone Chicken Chili Recipe
- 1 can (28 oz) Keystone Chicken, shredded
- 3/4 tsp. Keystone Chicken Soup Base in 1 cup of water (or one cup chicken broth)
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes (I prefer fire roasted)
- 1 can (15 oz) white beans
- 1 small can green chilies, undrained (If you like spicy, you can also add some jalapenos)
- 1/2 tsp chili powder (I used 1 teaspoon chili powder AND one teaspoon chipotle chili powder)
- 2 cans Mexican corn, undrained (I’ve used canned corn and frozen Fiesta Style corn)
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cumin (I prefer upping that to 1 full tsp)
- Tortilla chips, shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream for garnish (I also add fresh lime; the seasoned salad topper strips are a nice addition as well)
- Place Keystone Chicken in a pot. Rinse and drain beans and add to chicken.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (except the optional garnish ingredients). Don’t drain the corn or the chilies.
- Bring to a boil then lower heat and simmer for about 20 minutes. (Tastes even better the next day)
- Serve with chips, sour cream, and shredded cheese. (I think taco cheese blend or Mexican cheese blend is best)
If you’d like to watch the live segment, check it out here!
Fall is definitely upon us. The leaves are falling, the air is crisp, and the temperature is brisk. This is the perfect time for soup! What are your favorite soup recipes?
GO THERE (Meijer, Walmart)! TRY THAT (using Keystone)!